We OutFOXED Them Today

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Post Reply
Canuck
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2026 8:57 am
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 99 times

We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Canuck »

We took our two man limit of Greenheads this morning running our Fox guns. Wildwings had his 8 down before I could barely get my gun loaded :lol:. I am that old and slow nowadays, j/k of course but he had his 8 down quick and with only one missed shot! He was shooting far better than I was today. Today was one of those days when my gun and I were not very sympatico! :oops:
But I managed through patience and passing up and/or missing a few good opportunities due to my not being able to pick up colours until it was too late to finally finish a limit though honestly I could care less if I had shot the last few to finish the morning. I was happy to have gotten a couple with my old Fox and we watched as hundreds of waterfowl of several species worked our spread continuously with barely 30 seconds between birds before we packed up 3 hours after we had each settled into our solo blinds. Of course Wildwings had to sit and suffer through the pain of watching my pitiful yet comical performance wielding the big Fox. Kudos to his patience! :wink:


Pictured on right and on top is Wildwing's 1911 AH Fox Sterlingworth "pin gun" and on left and bottom my 1923 AH Fox HE Super Fox.


DSC_0003-2.jpg
DSC_0010.JPG
20261004_101124-1.jpg
Last edited by Canuck on Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Foxnut
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: Western, MI
Has thanked: 1484 times
Been thanked: 1568 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Foxnut »

That just looks fun!!! Way to go.
Regards - Foxnut
User avatar
Jeff S
Site Admin
Posts: 3796
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Has thanked: 2841 times
Been thanked: 1719 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Jeff S »

Great pictures Frank. You’re living the dream.
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
Dutch
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2025 8:53 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Dutch »

That looks like a lot of fun. I’m planning on going after some woodies as they usually use my pond in the back.🤠
dobbr
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:48 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by dobbr »

Yum ….
dobbr
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:48 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by dobbr »

I assume the whole USA is now mandated to use steel shot. Which brings to the question of, is it safe for a sterling worth barrels??
DarylC
Posts: 1637
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 am
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Has thanked: 2231 times
Been thanked: 774 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by DarylC »

Nice going guys. Is the pin gun a 32"? I can never remember shooting a limit of 8 mallards even during the heyday down here on the Chesapeake.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
DarylC
Posts: 1637
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 am
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Has thanked: 2231 times
Been thanked: 774 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by DarylC »

I wouldn't shoot steel. Any other non tox should be fine.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
User avatar
Jeff S
Site Admin
Posts: 3796
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Has thanked: 2841 times
Been thanked: 1719 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Jeff S »

I agree with Daryl. No steel, find some Bismuth.
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
Canuck
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2026 8:57 am
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Canuck »

dobbr wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:17 pm I assume the whole USA is now mandated to use steel shot. Which brings to the question of, is it safe for a sterling worth barrels??
We shoot bismuth. Wouldn't dream of running steel through those barrels.
Wild Wings
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:19 pm
Location: Northern Alberta
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by Wild Wings »

What a show the birds put on for us that morning! My Sterlingworth has 30" tubes on it. I lost track of how many we landed in the decoys, just a special hunt with a good friend and a couple great old doubles!

Wild Wings
dobbr
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:48 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: We OutFOXED Them Today

Post by dobbr »

understood bismuth
Post Reply