fox smith?

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Post Reply
dobbr
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:48 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

fox smith?

Post by dobbr »

One of the newest members here,,,, In the southern region, Okla/ Texas Is there a go to Fox smith? Really don't need one right now, however getting ducks in a row if I Do. Also I read the disassembly instruction to remove a stock. One instruction speaks to the removal of a stock on a 1929 and after guns.
I have picked up a 113xxx number gun. Are the disassembly instructions continually the same for all years. Thanks This is going to be fun
User avatar
Jeff S
Site Admin
Posts: 3796
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Has thanked: 2841 times
Been thanked: 1719 times

Re: fox smith?

Post by Jeff S »

Welcome to the group. I’m up in Michigan so I can’t give any leads unless you’re willing to ship your prized Fox. Maybe someone else will chime in, otherwise I’ll offer some “Midwest” names.
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
dobbr
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:48 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: fox smith?

Post by dobbr »

Sure. That be great. Am looking to remove stock , I have instructions from Mr hillis. From last year. Which I think he acquired them 20 or so years ago . Need to clean up the breach. And new butt pad. Have you removed a stock. How tricky is it.
Dobbs.
User avatar
Jeff S
Site Admin
Posts: 3796
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Has thanked: 2841 times
Been thanked: 1719 times

Re: fox smith?

Post by Jeff S »

I have not. If I needed to have some work done, I would contact Will Brothers Restoration in northern Michigan (google them). Black Diamond (Matt) is also very good, but I think he’s migrating to restorations and upgrades. Good luck. 👍
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
dobbr
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:48 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: fox smith?

Post by dobbr »

copy
Post Reply