My two favorite foxs
-
ROMAC
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:16 pm
- Location: SE PA
- Has thanked: 1013 times
- Been thanked: 938 times
Re: My two favorite foxs
Looks like a great time!
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
-
jolly bill
- Posts: 1512
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:06 pm
- Location: Western NY
- Has thanked: 1222 times
- Been thanked: 424 times
- Jeff S
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3796
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Has thanked: 2850 times
- Been thanked: 1719 times
Re: My two favorite foxs
Nice shooting. Congratulations on a very successful hunt. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
-
vaturkey
- Posts: 3601
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 pm
- Location: Hamilton, VA
- Has thanked: 1034 times
- Been thanked: 1474 times
Re: My two favorite foxs
I suspect they are preserve birds. I don't believe there are Bobwhites that far north. Winters are too harsh.
-
Researcher
- Posts: 6241
- Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:18 pm
- Location: WA/AK
- Has thanked: 476 times
- Been thanked: 2475 times
Re: My two favorite foxs
We have Northern Bobwhite in Washington State, and I see by the range map they hit the southeast corner of Wyoming.
I have only found coveys here in Washington twice. Back in my college years while sitting on my stool on the res south of Yakima waiting for doves to happen a covey marched by me on its way to the river and then marched by me again on their way back. I passed up shooting at quite a few doves while sitting quietly watching them! Same thing happened to me down along Pataha Creek in Columbia County a few years ago. I've never seen a Bobwhite in Washington during quail season.
I have only found coveys here in Washington twice. Back in my college years while sitting on my stool on the res south of Yakima waiting for doves to happen a covey marched by me on its way to the river and then marched by me again on their way back. I passed up shooting at quite a few doves while sitting quietly watching them! Same thing happened to me down along Pataha Creek in Columbia County a few years ago. I've never seen a Bobwhite in Washington during quail season.
Share the knowledge