My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
-
vaturkey
- Posts: 3600
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 pm
- Location: Hamilton, VA
- Has thanked: 1034 times
- Been thanked: 1474 times
- Jeff S
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3796
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Has thanked: 2850 times
- Been thanked: 1719 times
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Looks beautiful!
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
- Foxnut
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 pm
- Location: Western, MI
- Has thanked: 1490 times
- Been thanked: 1573 times
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Grouser,
That is a beautiful piece of wood on that gun!! Please keep us updated on the continuing project. Nice!!!
That is a beautiful piece of wood on that gun!! Please keep us updated on the continuing project. Nice!!!
Regards - Foxnut
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Thanks Foxnut, will do. Checking should have started yesterday or maybe today. Then it will be waiting on the engraving. That probably won’t get started for another 3-4 months.
-
Jimmy Goodtime
- Posts: 206
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 am
- Has thanked: 253 times
- Been thanked: 268 times
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Coming along and looking very nice! Do my eyes deceive me, or did your smith add side clips? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that done. Thanks!
-
vaturkey
- Posts: 3600
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 pm
- Location: Hamilton, VA
- Has thanked: 1034 times
- Been thanked: 1474 times
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Also added rebates to the frame like most XE's have. Matthew knows metal work well.
- Foxnut
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 pm
- Location: Western, MI
- Has thanked: 1490 times
- Been thanked: 1573 times
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Grouser, I’ve been following the videos on FB as well. This is going to be an awesome gun! Who will do the engraving and have you selected the pattern yet?
Regards - Foxnut
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Thanks Foxnut. I’ll be glad when I finally get the gun in hand it’s been a few years in the making.
I’ve decided to have Bertram Edmonston IV do the engraving. It will be loosely based on this gun with dogs being two of my favorites a GWP and a DD. Mr. Gournet was going to be the engraver so in his honor I’ll have a woodcock engraved some where on the gun.
I’ve decided to have Bertram Edmonston IV do the engraving. It will be loosely based on this gun with dogs being two of my favorites a GWP and a DD. Mr. Gournet was going to be the engraver so in his honor I’ll have a woodcock engraved some where on the gun.
- Foxnut
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 pm
- Location: Western, MI
- Has thanked: 1490 times
- Been thanked: 1573 times
Re: My Fox upgrade is making some progress!
Having the woodcock engraved is very fitting. Gentleman like yourself who undertake these custom projects have the patience of Job!! Looking forward to following the rest of the process. Well done!Grouser wrote: ↑Fri Aug 28, 2026 11:28 am Thanks Foxnut. I’ll be glad when I finally get the gun in hand it’s been a few years in the making.
I’ve decided to have Bertram Edmonston IV do the engraving. It will be loosely based on this gun with dogs being two of my favorites a GWP and a DD. Mr. Gournet was going to be the engraver so in his honor I’ll have a woodcock engraved some where on the gun.
Regards - Foxnut