Page 1 of 1
Fox Ownership Lineage
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:45 pm
by kmcdonnell
Is there a way to research the person(s) that may have owned my A grade shotgun?
I know it was originally shipped to a Sporting good store in Connecticut in 1914, but would like to know who owned it before I bought it.
thanks
Kevin
Re: Fox Ownership Lineage
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:58 am
by vaturkey
Unless it was as special order A grade, I'm thinking there is no way to know who the original owner was. Based on my memory (which is often wrong), most A grades were made for stock and shipped out to the various vendors/retailers to have in their stores for inventory. Higher graded guns however weren't normally stocked and as such were special ordered. Above said, some A graded guns had custom features (single trigger, upgrade wood, special dimensions, etc.) and those could be special ordered for a specific buyer in mind.