Page 1 of 1

Gauges of Fox Shotguns

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:32 pm
by jpari
Someone has told me that they shoot a 28 ga. A.H. Fox Shotgun. We are not talking a CSMC. I was not aware that Fox made a 28 ga. gun. Am I wrong in my understanding?

Re: Gauges of Fox Shotguns

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:34 pm
by OH Osthaus
no you are not

i do not believe Philly or Utica produced a 28

Re: Gauges of Fox Shotguns

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:04 pm
by JasonPeck
I have heard about someone fitting new 28 gauge barrels to an original frame, but I never saw it.

Re: Gauges of Fox Shotguns

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:42 pm
by Researcher
McIntosh mentioned that there existed a couple/few Utica 20-gauges that were fitted with extra sets of unchambered 20-gauge barrels with just 28-gauge rim cuts. Kind of like a Stan Baker "Big Bore" trap barrel, but in 28-gauge!!

Certainly such a thing was never catalogued.