Page 1 of 1

Books?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:28 pm
by TheNakedGun
I have the Book by Mcintosh are there any more books about Fox guns available? Thanks fo any information

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:08 pm
by eightbore
Double Gun Journal articles discussing Fox guns are the second best research vehicles for Fox students after the McIntosh work. The authors to access are Tom Kidd and David Noreen. Either one could write a great book on Fox guns but won't.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:06 pm
by fullchoke16
That's a shame. They are both very good writers, besides knowing their subject.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 pm
by TheNakedGun
Eightbore where could I find copies of those articles?

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:46 am
by eightbore
The two volumes of the Double Gun Journal Index and Reader include an author's index as well as a subject index. The subject index is rather voluminous in the "Fox" category, but Mr. Noreen's and Mr. Kidd's artilces are quite easy to access. Unfortunately, you would have to locate the pertinent DGJ issues. I thought everyone had a full set of those. There is one for sale over on the PGCA site. A set can be sent by media mail for about twenty bucks last time I checked.

Books

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm
by whisperbow
I sent an email to DGJ asking how I can find previous issues with good Fox information and did not receive a reply???

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:28 am
by eightbore
Researcher posted a bibliography of older articles on Fox in another thread. When I get a bit of time later today, I will post the Tom Kidd Double Gun Journal list.

DGJ articles

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 am
by whisperbow
Thanks Eightbore.

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am
by birdawg
I moved Dave's list of Non DGJ Fox reference up on the list for those interested.
It may good to have a reference section or bibliography on the members only section of the main site. This would help to aid the quest for knowledge of these fine guns.

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:07 pm
by eightbore
OK, here is the Tom Kidd bibliography in Double Gun Journal. As far as I'm concerned, all articles are worth researching. I will only list the Volume and the Issue, each reference only separated by commas. Here they are: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-2, 2-4, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4, 7-1, 7-2, 7-3, 7-4, 8-1, 8-2, 8-3, 8-4, 9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 9-4, 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, 10-4, 11-1, 11-2. I hope locating these issues is easier for you than it is for some collectors. Mr. Noreen has previously listed his works in DGJ.