Page 1 of 1

Stock Repair / West Coast?

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:28 am
by sage1
Im in northern Nevada near Tahoe and have an early 1920's SW that needs a stock repair and a Browning BSS 20ga that needs it's stock refitted to the action. I've read about a few guys back east who are recommended, The Stockfxrs, Born Again Birdguns and Vicknair Restorations. But I'm wondering if there's someone out here on the west coast that is as well recommended as the others I've read about in this forum. If not, I'll be happy to hear of any recommendations, wherever they're located. Many Thanks Sage1

Re: Stock Repair / West Coast?

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm
by zoelib
Sage:
Dennis Earl Smith is in Oregon. Super guy doing some super work. http://www.thestockdr.com

Zoelib

Re: Stock Repair / West Coast?

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:50 am
by Chukarman
I have used Dennis Earl Smith (aka 'the Stock Doctor'). He does really good work, and has a fast turn around. Two thumbs up!