Page 1 of 1

fox smith?

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:16 am
by dobbr
One of the newest members here,,,, In the southern region, Okla/ Texas Is there a go to Fox smith? Really don't need one right now, however getting ducks in a row if I Do. Also I read the disassembly instruction to remove a stock. One instruction speaks to the removal of a stock on a 1929 and after guns.
I have picked up a 113xxx number gun. Are the disassembly instructions continually the same for all years. Thanks This is going to be fun

Re: fox smith?

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 5:48 pm
by Jeff S
Welcome to the group. I’m up in Michigan so I can’t give any leads unless you’re willing to ship your prized Fox. Maybe someone else will chime in, otherwise I’ll offer some “Midwest” names.

Re: fox smith?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:05 pm
by dobbr
Sure. That be great. Am looking to remove stock , I have instructions from Mr hillis. From last year. Which I think he acquired them 20 or so years ago . Need to clean up the breach. And new butt pad. Have you removed a stock. How tricky is it.
Dobbs.

Re: fox smith?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:56 pm
by Jeff S
I have not. If I needed to have some work done, I would contact Will Brothers Restoration in northern Michigan (google them). Black Diamond (Matt) is also very good, but I think he’s migrating to restorations and upgrades. Good luck. 👍

Re: fox smith?

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:26 am
by dobbr
copy