Page 1 of 1
Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:43 pm
by SPE33
I have been on the hunt for a nice 28 gauge as I had yet to find one. Drove to the show in Lima,Ohio and came home with this. Built in 1918 it’s a non-ejector gun with 26” barrels that weighs only 5lbs and 5 ounces. I will be removing the pad and putting a butt plate back on as the stock has not been cut. Chocked cylinder and full.I really like the acanthus style engraving.
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:37 pm
by Foxnut
That is a very nice Flues 28 gauge and looks to be in great shape. That should be fun to shoot!!!
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:52 pm
by Canuck
I just sold a Grade 1 1/2 Flues 16ga. not an hour ago to make room for a first generation B Grade Fox I am hoping to get at auction this coming week.
First pic the Ithaca 30" Krupp bbls choked IC/F
Next the early Fox B 12ga I'm hoping to pick up advertised as 28" Krupp bbls chambered 2 3/4" and choked F/F.
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:24 am
by Researcher
Very nice 28-gauge. Is it chambered for 2 1/2-inch or 2 7/8-inch shells --

- TARGET 28-ga.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Up through the 1914-15 Ithaca Gun Co. catalog the No. 1 1/2 was their entry-level Damascus barrel gun --
In July 1915 magazine ads Ithaca introduced the floral style engraving and the option of Krupp barrels to the No. 1 1/2 --
By the June 5, 1918, Ithaca Gun Co. catalog the barrels for the No. 1 1/2 are listed as "Fluid Steel" --
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:46 am
by SPE33
I’m not sure but I will be playing it safe with 2 1/2 RST shells.
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:55 pm
by Researcher
My No. 1 Special that shipped 25 May 1915, with never catalogued 30-inch Cockerill Steel barrels, choked .000" right and .018" left, has 2 7/8-inch chambers, but it has only digested these while in my care --
From the 1914-15 Ithaca Gun Co. catalog --
It hasn't fired the shells in the picture while in my care --
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:59 am
by MARSHFELLOW
Huh, Cockerill steel barrels.... that's a new one on me. Thanks Dave.
tjw
Re: Ithaca Flues 1 1/2 grade
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:09 pm
by Researcher
A 1906 Lewis era Ithaca Gun Co. catalog lists the barrels for the No. 1 Special as "Nitro Steel."
I don't have any Minier or early Flues era Ithaca catalogs but the 1911 to 1915 catalogs list Cockerill Steel barrels for the No. 1 Special.
The next Flues era Ithaca Gun Co. catalog I have is June 5, 1918, and by then the No. 1 Special is gone and the No. 1 which had traditionally been a Twist barrel gun is listed with Nitro steel barrels.