Anyone watch this DGJ video??
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:15 am
I am not a subscriber. I wrote the original article.
The Fox Collectors forum was founded in 2006 to stimulate interest in the history and production of Fox shotguns. We believe you will enjoy our forum and learn more about the rich history of Fox shotguns.
https://www.forum.foxcollectors.com/
Phil and Frank thanks for your great input. Personally, I'm not looking for additional compensation, I'm just curious how the article was presented in the digital format. It would be nice if they gave some recognition to the authors with a short author's bio and a link to the AHFCA website. One of my objectives writing for the DGJ was getting my name out there and potentially getting an opportunity to buy a nice Fox. So far that has never happened LOL.Silvers wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:05 pm All of my manuscripts were prominently indicated "Copyright (Date) and my name" and in absence of a written Agreement otherwise, that granted the publisher the right to use that material for an upcoming issue. As regards reuse, there is reasonable basis for the author to expect additional compensation, as publication in a magazine does not by itself transfer ownership of the copyright, which generally must be in writing and signed.
I think any former authors with concerns with reuse of previously published content in a different format might do well to discuss with an Intellectual Property lawyer for his/her perspective. frank
Heck, if All you are looking for is a '' Opportunity '' to buy a nice Fox, I have A real nice Fox CE, 12ga. with two set of barrels I would sell you. Also a few other ones.fox-admin wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:33 pmPhil and Frank thanks for your great input. Personally, I'm not looking for additional compensation, I'm just curious how the article was presented in the digital format. It would be nice if they gave some recognition to the authors with a short author's bio and a link to the AHFCA website. One of my objectives writing for the DGJ was getting my name out there and potentially getting an opportunity to buy a nice Fox. So far that has never happened LOL.Silvers wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:05 pm All of my manuscripts were prominently indicated "Copyright (Date) and my name" and in absence of a written Agreement otherwise, that granted the publisher the right to use that material for an upcoming issue. As regards reuse, there is reasonable basis for the author to expect additional compensation, as publication in a magazine does not by itself transfer ownership of the copyright, which generally must be in writing and signed.
I think any former authors with concerns with reuse of previously published content in a different format might do well to discuss with an Intellectual Property lawyer for his/her perspective. frank
I know Im straying off topic here, but in this new age of AI what about a digital magazine editor that takes someones written property and uses AI to change it enough that its now a "new written article" ...just sayingSilvers wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:05 pm All of my manuscripts were prominently indicated "Copyright (Date) and my name" and in absence of a written Agreement otherwise, that granted the publisher the right to use that material for an upcoming issue. As regards reuse, there is reasonable basis for the author to expect additional compensation, as publication in a magazine does not by itself transfer ownership of the copyright, which generally must be in writing and signed.
I think any former authors with concerns with reuse of previously published content in a different format might do well to discuss with an Intellectual Property lawyer for his/her perspective. frank