Page 1 of 1
A grade 12
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2026 6:26 pm
by Jabba3153
I found this ah fox de restock 12 any idea if I can use it on my A grade 12 hate to buy and can’t use it
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2026 6:35 pm
by ROMAC
It’s a crap shoot. In theory it should be close but more often than not the fitment is not great.
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2026 8:23 pm
by Researcher
Where are pictures of your A-grade for comparison? Over time the way the top-tang joins the frame changed. Early on it was a wide radius as on the stock you show. The wide radius corner on a 1910 gun --
By 1921 the radius was smaller --
Virtually square by 1929 --
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2026 8:54 pm
by Jabba3153
here are a few pictures of wrist ser 25520 A grade bought as project stock was broken and had a hiddius repair also need a forearm I have the metal
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2026 6:22 pm
by Jabba3153
Thanks but stock has sold still looking for A grade stock and forearm 12
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2026 8:16 am
by Silvers
Jabba, I wish you luck in finding a buttstock and forend wood with a reasonably close fit. As I've posted previously there were many production changes and besides that the metalwork was machined by humans turning dials on milling machines, shapers, lathes, etc. If something was finished a bit under/oversize or with the wrong radius - no problem. The wood fitters would accommodate when hand fitting. I personally would never buy a high cost stock or forend without an arrangement with the seller to return and refund if its fit was too far off. All this FWIW. frank
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 11:25 pm
by Jabba3153
Thanks I don’t find many foxes here in Louisiana and the ones I bought from auction came with problems I bought this A grade to refurbish but I think I may just trade are sell and wait until I can go to the southern or a place where you don’t get people telling you how good it is and when it comes in its cost to get the condition you exspect is more than the gun is worth I collect all us doubles Lefever Parker Ithaca aya ugartache Winchester but two of the three foxes I have have been almost parts guns
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 4:59 am
by vaturkey
Jabba3153 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2026 11:25 pm
Thanks I don’t find many foxes here in Louisiana and the ones I bought from auction came with problems I bought this A grade to refurbish but I think I may just trade are sell and wait until I can go to the southern or a place where you don’t get people telling you how good it is and when it comes in its cost to get the condition you exspect is more than the gun is worth I collect all us doubles Lefever Parker Ithaca aya ugartache Winchester but two of the three foxes I have have been almost parts guns
IMO smart move. Unless you can do a good part of the work yourself, project guns often fall into the category of the juice is not worth the squeeze imo. Yes, attending the Southern is a good idea. Its pretty special for buyers or sellers.
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 7:09 am
by Jeff S
It’s been my experience that it's difficult to attend the Southern and then leave without purchasing a gun.
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:12 pm
by Jabba3153
Thanks guys
Re: A grade 12
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 9:12 pm
by Jabba3153
Think I found someone to make me a new stock and fore arm but he does not do checkering any advise on someone that would not brake the bank