Page 3 of 3

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:41 pm
by DarylC
At one time it was the 30" Sterly. Now the choice is has been made more difficult since a 32" Sterly has found it's way into my safe. I received it just before this dempanic hit MD and just last week I had a chance to try her out on some clays. I truly could'nt pick one over the other but I'll have to admit those 32" tubes are sweet.

Tried to download picture but could'nt figure out how to resize.

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:19 pm
by MIGrouse
MY favorite 20 gauge is my only 20 gauge.

A grade
Straight Stock
32 inch barrels
Factory 3' chambers - F/F
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:21 pm
by Brian
Yes Geoffroy Gournet engraved the Upgrade with my Field Bred Springer on the bottom.
He is awesome.

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm
by vaturkey
Jeff S wrote:You obviously know how to pick out wood.
In a huge error on my part, I sold Brian that wood. Bought it from one of the old time editors of Shooting Sportsman and couldn't come up with a need and sold it to Brian. I had another one (bought two blanks from the editor) and sold it to another Fox member. Here is that blank. I should probably try to buy it back as I don't believe it has been used yet. :)

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm
by ROMAC
Are you speaking about the one I bought from you a couple of years ago at Hausemans?

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:35 pm
by spyder
My only 20g. Refinished but nice.

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:43 am
by vaturkey
ROMAC wrote:Are you speaking about the one I bought from you a couple of years ago at Hausemans?
Yep. One in the same. That's a great blank. I bought both of those blanks several years ago from Clair Kofoed.

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:22 pm
by Jeff S
Spider, that’s a beautiful gun. Thanks for posting the picture.

Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm
by Weatherby
Well this is my one and only double any gauge but it is a 20 so......here goes.
I hope you don't cringe to badly.