Page 2 of 2
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:16 pm
by jolly bill
The auction talks about a two barrel set XE grade SN 21298. The CE SN 21298 from the card says CE. Both say for Mr. Quilty.
Am I seeing that right? What's what?
Jolly
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:36 pm
by eightbore
Bill, when a Fox gun down this way goes from a CE 30" gun to an XE 30" and 32" two barrel set, we refer to that gun as having "Been to Pennsylvania." I'm sure some Fox Collectors can explain it better than I can, or at least more diplomatically.
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:23 pm
by fox-admin
The description in the auction listing describes a CE with the ducks on one panel, I think it was just an error in the listing. Maybe some day it will be out in the daylight and we can all see.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:30 pm
by mc15426378
Down here we'd say that gun had "been to Arkansas".
Mike
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:36 pm
by loggy
Bob Beach of Griffin and Howell recently reseatched a gun for me that had been through their company in 1929 and 1944. He presented me with about 18 sheets of information on the gun and the previous owners. I would highly recommend his services. John
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 pm
by patrickw
I accidently came across your forum while doing geneologic research. T. Frank Quilty is my grandfather. If additional information would be useful to anyone please email me at
tquilty@comcast.net.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:08 am
by eightbore
Good catch, Mr. Quilty.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:55 pm
by NJdblgun
Mr. Quilty, very cool, you catching the discussion on the AHFCA about your Grandfather. Welcome. Any insights you can share on the history/origin of this fine gun, and your Grandfather, T. Frank Quilty?
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 pm
by loggy
Does anyone have a copy of Bart Cox's list of the Bartholomew guns?
Thanks-John
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm
by Researcher
I haven't been able find it since I moved from Virginia.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 pm
by eightbore
I'll bet that the young fellow who told me years ago that he bought them all still has the list. He reads and posts on this forum. He may honor us by posting a copy of the famous list. Maybe he will even tell us how many of the guns he still owns.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm
by loggy
I would certainly appreciate the help.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:31 pm
by eightbore
Has anyone located this gun? The auction wasn't that long ago.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:15 pm
by fox-admin
I spoke to the consignor the Grandson of the original consignee. He remembered the gun but had no idea when or how the gun left the family as I recall. I believe it now resides in California.
Re: Reward!!
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 am
by abner
Craig: It is not in my safe.