Page 2 of 2
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 pm
by birdawg
Great Easter Bunny present!
Thanks for keeping us uptodate on the HE info.
I am looking forward to when the production information on graded guns is available to us who are just members.
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:15 pm
by fox-admin
A few more stats. 938 SF's have the barrel length recorded. 264 were made as 30" guns 28%, 667 were made as 32" guns 71%, 5 were made 28", 2 made 32.5" and one made 34". So 30" guns are much more rare than 32" guns. 393 were made as Half Pistol Grip and 439 were made as Full Pistol, 65 Straight grip and 7 Monte Carlo.
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:51 pm
by loggy
Craig, I did not see a count for B grade guns. Also, did you find many with a reference to Mr. Becker? Thanks-John
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:27 pm
by Silvers
Craig, some very interesting stats. As I recall the previous "assumption" was that 30 and 32-inch guns were about equal in production. I don't quite remember where that came from.
Also interesting on the 7 HE guns with Monte Carlo combs. One of them was the HE with XE wood that was posted a while back. Card for same specified Monte Carlo with CHEEKPIECE. I've owned a Fox with MC stock but have never seen one with a cheekpiece. Has anyone else? Pics? Frank
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 pm
by birdawg
I must say I am surprised at the small proportion of straight grip H E 's.
Thanks for the great work as usual Craig.
jess
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:52 pm
by fox-admin
Loggy: Opps 1 B grade HE. Sorry for the error.
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:26 pm
by loggy
I thought I remembered a Headrick photo of one . It seems the article indicated it was probably the only B. Thanks for all of your work.
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:55 pm
by Researcher
That is strange that there is that one Super-Fox with B-Grade engraving even though the B-Grade was nearly six years out of the catalogues by the time 29090 was shipped on April 1, 1924.
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:36 pm
by George Lander
I suppose that back then you could order anything that you wanted.
Just My Humble Opinion.......George
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 pm
by bbman3
I sold a 32",3inch,full pistol grip HE with monte carlo stock to a member of Fox Collectors several years ago.It had a factory standard full pistol grip stock on it but when i purchased the gun a beautiful factory monte carlo stock with serial # stamped on head came with it.It was the original stock but letter said nothing about it or that gun had been returned to factory to be restocked. Bobby