What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
-
DarylC
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 am
- Location: People's Republic of Maryland
- Has thanked: 2228 times
- Been thanked: 772 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
At one time it was the 30" Sterly. Now the choice is has been made more difficult since a 32" Sterly has found it's way into my safe. I received it just before this dempanic hit MD and just last week I had a chance to try her out on some clays. I truly could'nt pick one over the other but I'll have to admit those 32" tubes are sweet.
Tried to download picture but could'nt figure out how to resize.
Tried to download picture but could'nt figure out how to resize.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
-
MIGrouse
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:16 pm
- Location: South Lyon, Michigan
- Been thanked: 19 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
MY favorite 20 gauge is my only 20 gauge.
A grade
Straight Stock
32 inch barrels
Factory 3' chambers - F/F
A grade
Straight Stock
32 inch barrels
Factory 3' chambers - F/F
-
Brian
- Posts: 371
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:55 pm
- Location: Delaware County, NY
- Been thanked: 82 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
Yes Geoffroy Gournet engraved the Upgrade with my Field Bred Springer on the bottom.
He is awesome.
He is awesome.
Brian
LTC, IN, USAR
Back in the land of the big PX
Life Member A.H. Fox Gun Collectors Assoc
President For Life- Southwest Asia Chapter AHFGCA
LTC, IN, USAR
Back in the land of the big PX
Life Member A.H. Fox Gun Collectors Assoc
President For Life- Southwest Asia Chapter AHFGCA
-
vaturkey
- Posts: 3600
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 pm
- Location: Hamilton, VA
- Has thanked: 1034 times
- Been thanked: 1474 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
In a huge error on my part, I sold Brian that wood. Bought it from one of the old time editors of Shooting Sportsman and couldn't come up with a need and sold it to Brian. I had another one (bought two blanks from the editor) and sold it to another Fox member. Here is that blank. I should probably try to buy it back as I don't believe it has been used yet.Jeff S wrote:You obviously know how to pick out wood.
-
ROMAC
- Posts: 1465
- Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:16 pm
- Location: SE PA
- Has thanked: 1010 times
- Been thanked: 934 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
Are you speaking about the one I bought from you a couple of years ago at Hausemans?
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
-
vaturkey
- Posts: 3600
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 pm
- Location: Hamilton, VA
- Has thanked: 1034 times
- Been thanked: 1474 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
Yep. One in the same. That's a great blank. I bought both of those blanks several years ago from Clair Kofoed.ROMAC wrote:Are you speaking about the one I bought from you a couple of years ago at Hausemans?
- Jeff S
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3793
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Has thanked: 2838 times
- Been thanked: 1712 times
Re: What is your favorite 20ga Fox in your collection?
Spider, that’s a beautiful gun. Thanks for posting the picture.
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.